Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Protecting the Boss: W.Va. Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan as Personal Security Detail
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- West Virginia Army Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan and Kosovo
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
Beth is the producer and host of West Virginia Morning heard every weekday morning at 7:30 on West Virginia Public Radio. You also hear her deliver the news throughout the morning on Morning Edition.
When the state legislature is in its 60 day regular session, Beth is the producer of The Legislature Today West Virginia Public Broadcasting's nightly news program.
Beth is the Director of News and Public Affairs at West Virginia Public Broadcasting, leading an 8 person news team with bureaus across the state.
Beth received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013 from the West Virginia Associated Press Broadcasters Association, just one of many awards she has received in her nearly 30 year broadcasting career at West Virginia Public Broadcasting.
Beth lives in Charleston and has been married to Rick Vorhees for 31 years. They have one daughter, Diana of Nashville, TN.