Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Improvised Explosive Devices, Chickens, Marijuana Found in I-79 Crash
- Momentum Gathers For The West's Response To Russia
- U.S. Marine Band Tours the Mountain State
- "You Can Not Kill Me" - Boxing Champion Christy Salters-Martin Shares Her Story of Survival
- Staging the Auction to Sell the Collection of a Lifetime
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Restrospective
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective premiered on West Virginia Public Radio on Thanksgiving night (Thursday, November 28), 2013 at 8 p.m. The documentary explores the rich history of the longest-running live performance radio show on public radio.
In addition, this hour-long special also attempts to identify the multifaceted identity of the program and explores its reach and meaning to listeners all across the world. Interviews collected for the special include the show's producers, established and emerging artists who have performed, and public radio program directors from stations around the country that have carried the show.
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective was produced by Dave Mistich, reporter and digital coordinator for West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Mistich conducted dozens of interviews including West Virginia musicians Tim O’Brien and Kathy Mattea, Mountain Stage band members and the show’s original founders.