Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- The Legislature Today: Final Hours Live Blog
- Listen to the Del McCoury Band Perform "In Despair," Live on Mountain Stage
- Five Things That Happened Before W.Va. House Passed the Water Resources Protection & Management Act
- Northfork Water Woes: A Failing System
- Mary Chapin Carpenter & Shawn Colvin - "That Don't Worry Me Now" - Live on Mountain Stage
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Restrospective
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective premiered on West Virginia Public Radio on Thanksgiving night (Thursday, November 28), 2013 at 8 p.m. The documentary explores the rich history of the longest-running live performance radio show on public radio.
In addition, this hour-long special also attempts to identify the multifaceted identity of the program and explores its reach and meaning to listeners all across the world. Interviews collected for the special include the show's producers, established and emerging artists who have performed, and public radio program directors from stations around the country that have carried the show.
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective was produced by Dave Mistich, reporter and digital coordinator for West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Mistich conducted dozens of interviews including West Virginia musicians Tim O’Brien and Kathy Mattea, Mountain Stage band members and the show’s original founders.