Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Tributes Pour In For Marshall University President
Jean Snedegar got her start in radio at age 13. As an 8th grader she helped produce school programs for WDNE in Elkins, but didn’t start her professional career in radio until she was nearly 30 and living in England.
For more than 20 years she worked as a freelance reporter on BBC Radio’s national speech network – Radio 4, and their international radio network, the BBC World Service – at the time one of the few North American voices on the BBC.
But after more than 25 years in London, she started to hanker for the mountains of West Virginia. In 2002 she returned to her home state. Though she sometimes misses the excitement of walking into Broadcasting House in London, she is grateful every day when she looks out her office window overlooking Elkins.
Since 2010 Jean has been producing Inspiring West Virginians, profiles of West Virginians who are global leaders in the sciences and in business.