WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Tue January 14, 2014
Oh, the Hipsters Lie!
Music snobbery comes in many forms, but it operates under two basic principles.
The first is that a hipster assumes that they know about bands you couldn't possible know about and therefore you are much less hip than they. Secondly, once everyone knows about a band, their music or their "hipness," is no longer viable as they have "gone commercial."
Jimmy Kimmel has done a social experiment. When a camera and a mic are present, what will they say when asked about fictional bands?
The result is a scream: