WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Inside Appalachia: Water in the Coalfields
- Diesel Spill Taints Water for 12,000
Tue January 14, 2014
Oh, the Hipsters Lie!
Music snobbery comes in many forms, but it operates under two basic principles.
The first is that a hipster assumes that they know about bands you couldn't possible know about and therefore you are much less hip than they. Secondly, once everyone knows about a band, their music or their "hipness," is no longer viable as they have "gone commercial."
Jimmy Kimmel has done a social experiment. When a camera and a mic are present, what will they say when asked about fictional bands?
The result is a scream: