WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
Tue January 14, 2014
Oh, the Hipsters Lie!
Music snobbery comes in many forms, but it operates under two basic principles.
The first is that a hipster assumes that they know about bands you couldn't possible know about and therefore you are much less hip than they. Secondly, once everyone knows about a band, their music or their "hipness," is no longer viable as they have "gone commercial."
Jimmy Kimmel has done a social experiment. When a camera and a mic are present, what will they say when asked about fictional bands?
The result is a scream: