Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Salt Rising Bread: An Appalachian Tradition of Longing and Wild Microbes
- Demolitions Could Affect Beckley Historic District
- New Book Examines the Impact of 'Hippie Homesteaders'
- The Catholic Committee of Appalachia Develops Its Third Pastoral Letter
- Happy and (For the Most Part) Healthy in Unhappy and Unhealthy West Virginia
West Virginia LearningMedia
West Virginia LearningMedia™ is the go-to destination for instant access to tens of thousands of classroom-ready, digital resources including videos, games, audio clips, photos, lesson plans, and more! You can search, save, and share with ease.
Best of all, West Virginia LearningMedia is free for educators.
In partnership with PBS, West Virginia LearningMedia provides thousands of videos and learning materials from shows such as Nature and PBS Newshour.
We also are producing videos and curriculum targeted specifically to West Virginia teachers, parents and students, including:
1. West Virginia Studies curriculum and videos for 8th graders, including The Road to Statehood and You Are There.
2. WV STEAM videos designed to inspire middle school students through telling the story of young West Virginians in science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics.
3. History, art, science and other activities about our national river system: 3 Rivers: The Bluestone, Gauley and New.
4. Abracadabra episodes teaching healthy living and science concepts to West Virginia kids.
Go to http://wv.pbslearningmedia.org/ and sign up for a free account today! Please note that you will be required to sign up for a free account after viewing two resources on WV LearningMedia.
WV LearningMedia resources currently available:
- Road to Statehood
- You Are There