Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Inside Appalachia: Living with Industrial Spills, Floods and Disasters
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- February 26, 1972: Coal Mining Dam Collapses in Buffalo Creek
- W.Va. Senate Approves Bill to Not Require Handgun Permits
At 22 years of age, Joni Deutsch is the youngest addition to the West Virginia Public Radio family as the host of “A Change of Tune,” a new music program that is being touted as “Pandora with personality, Spotify with soul, and Phil Collins with The Black Keys.” Joni was born and raised in Charleston, West Virginia, and graduated from George Washington High School in 2010.
Her radio career began as a student DJ (and subsequent assistant general manager) for WLUR 91.5 FM and transformed into an internship with Mountain Stage and an on-air broadcasting position with West Virginia Public Radio.
When she’s not on the air or working on “A Change of Tune,” Joni balances a slew of activities, including campaigning for her 3-year-old Polish lowland sheepdog to become the next Wishbone, making personalized mixtapes for out-of-state friends, helping her parents with their local counseling practice, and beating her boyfriend at video games (although her boyfriend begs to differ).