The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is organizing tire collection events throughout the state.
The collections are organized by the agency’s Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP), which helps organize litter cleanups around West Virginia. The program has organized 13 tire events in October and November.
The October events include:
- Logan County: Oct. 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Old KCity Lot on Enterprise Drive in Mount Gay
- Jefferson County: Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kearneysville DOH Garage located at 1301 Old Leetown Pike, Kearneysville, WV 25430
- Roane County: Oct. 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bowman Street Parking Lot in Spencer
- Kanawha County: Oct. 15 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the parking lot at the intersection of C Street and 4th Avenue in South Charleston
- Upshur County: Oct. 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. across from the City of Buckhannon Recycling Center at 395 Mud Lick Road
- Logan County: Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Old KCity Lot on Enterprise Drive in Mount Gay
- Cabell County: Oct. 22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 800 Virginia Avenue in Huntington
- Pendleton County: Oct. 22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pendleton County Economic Development Authority Lot located at 100 Thorn Creek Road in Franklin
The November events include:
- Greenbrier County: Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the National Guard Armory in Rainelle
- Logan County: Nov. 4 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Old KCity Lot on Enterprise Drive in Mount Gay.
- Jackson County: Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds on Route 33 in Cottageville
- Hampshire County: Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hampshire County Fairgrounds on Fairground Drive in Augusta
- Wirt County: Nov. 19 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ellisons Dozer Service on Route 14 in Elizabeth
Car or light truck tires, 16 inches or less and off the rims are accepted, with a limit of 10 tires per West Virginia resident.
Further information on future tire disposal events, including regularly ongoing tire disposal events in certain counties, can be found at the DEP’s online calendar.