Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- Inside Appalachia: Living with Industrial Spills, Floods and Disasters
- Bill on Local Smoking Restrictions is Rejected in the House
- Inside Appalachia: Getting Back to Our Roots
Sarah Lowther Hensley
Sarah Lowther Hensley is a writer living in Fairmont, W.Va, with her husband, son, and Tess the rescue pup.
She has worked as a public radio journalist (West Virginia Public Radio, WCBE-FM in Columbus, Radio Deutsche Welle) and in higher education administration (Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College).
Sarah has covered the fall of the Berlin Wall, anchored morning drive news, lobbied legislators, volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused children, and performed Bach’s Christmas Oratorio with the Heidelberger Studentenkantorei.
She’s a rabid fan of the Metropolitan Opera, German cop shows and Anne of Green Gables.
An alumna of West Virginia Wesleyan (B.A. in International Studies) and Middlebury College (M.A. in German), she is a 1998 graduate of Leadership West Virginia.
Sarah blogs at http://homeamongthehills.wordpress.com.