Home » About Us » Job Postings » Assistant Director of Programming
Assistant Director of Programming
Seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Director of Programming for West Virginia Public Broadcasting. Full Job Description and details can be found below.
Please send cover letter, resume and references via the email or to the addresses below:
600 Capitol Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Applicant subject line must read as follows:
Assistant Program Director
Job remains open until filled.
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
West Virginia Public Broadcasting – Job Description
Title: Assistant Director of Programming Department: Programming
Employment Type: Full-Time
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is seeking an Assistant Director of Programming to support the Director in providing oversight for the broadcast and media distribution operations of WVPB’s radio and television networks. The Assistant Director will assist with content distribution across three television streams and one radio stream. The Assistant Director will also assist in the development of new digital channels of distribution. West Virginia Public Broadcasting is a statewide public radio and television network that develops programming and education initiatives to serve the citizens of West Virginia and to Tell West Virginia’s Story.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to assisting the Director to:
● Oversee the day-to-day broadcast and media distribution operations
● Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and broadcast industry standards
● Assist in coordinating across departments in the areas of program development and production, broadcast engineering and operations, and regulatory compliance and reporting
● Assist in managing the FM radio station and three TV streams
● Ensure that public radio and television stations acquire, produce, and distribute educational programming content
● Help negotiate contracts for acquisition and distribution of program content and learn the Purchase Order system to pay for programming
● Provide direct supervision to the broadcast operations and programming staff and make programming decisions when the Director is not present
● Assists to oversee, develop, and administer annual operating budgets
This position requires:
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Extensive knowledge of broadcast industry standards and federal and state laws and regulations
● Ability to multitask and produce results while adhering to multiple deadlines
● Knowledge of production practices and trends; knowledge of Protrack traffic system; and familiarity with automations systems AudioVAULT for radio and DBi for television
● Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships and strategic partnerships
● Knowledge of the public media environment
Education and Experience:
Position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Exempt (40 hours/week, M-F) salaried position. Benefits offered—medical, dental, eye, and state retirement.