Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- Inside Appalachia: Living with Industrial Spills, Floods and Disasters
- Bill on Local Smoking Restrictions is Rejected in the House
- Inside Appalachia: Getting Back to Our Roots
The Law Works
The Law Works discusses legal issues that affect daily life. The Law Works considers issues ranging from how to buy a house, to identity theft, and wiretapping.
Host Dan Ringer is a past-president of the West Virginia State Bar, has taught and lectured concerning legal matters at the college and university level since 1976, and is a member of the graduate faculty of the West Virginia University College of Human Resources and Education. In 1996 Dan was named the first West Virginia Lawyer Citizen of the Year by the West Virginia Bar Foundation, and served as president of the West Virginia State Bar in 1999-2000. In 2000 Dan was named the American Bar Association Practitioner of the Year, by the ABA's Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee. In 2001 he received the President's Award from the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.