Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
The Law Works
The Law Works is a weekly show on West Virginia PBS discussing legal issues that affect daily life. The Law Works considers issues ranging from how to buy a house, to identity theft, and wiretapping.
Host Dan Ringer is a past-president of the West Virginia State Bar, has taught and lectured concerning legal matters at the college and university level since 1976, and is a member of the graduate faculty of the West Virginia University College of Human Resources and Education. In 1996 Dan was named the first West Virginia Lawyer Citizen of the Year by the West Virginia Bar Foundation, and served as president of the West Virginia State Bar in 1999-2000. In 2000 Dan was named the American Bar Association Practitioner of the Year, by the ABA's Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee. In 2001 he received the President's Award from the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.