Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Parkersburg's Panhandlers Say Signs Calling Them Addicts Are Insulting and Defamatory
- Former Massey CEO Don Blankenship Indicted on Four Federal Charges
- Coal Mines Keep Operating Despite Injuries, Violations And Millions In Fines
- UBB Victim's Father Reacts to Blankenship Indictment
- Marshall University Set to Remember Those Lost in Crash with Fountain Ceremony
The Law Works
The Law Works is a weekly show on West Virginia PBS discussing legal issues that affect daily life. The Law Works considers issues ranging from how to buy a house, to identity theft, and wiretapping.
Host Dan Ringer is a past-president of the West Virginia State Bar, has taught and lectured concerning legal matters at the college and university level since 1976, and is a member of the graduate faculty of the West Virginia University College of Human Resources and Education. In 1996 Dan was named the first West Virginia Lawyer Citizen of the Year by the West Virginia Bar Foundation, and served as president of the West Virginia State Bar in 1999-2000. In 2000 Dan was named the American Bar Association Practitioner of the Year, by the ABA's Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee. In 2001 he received the President's Award from the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.