Podcasts & RSS Feeds
WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Protecting the Boss: W.Va. Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan as Personal Security Detail
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- West Virginia Army Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan and Kosovo
The Law Works
The Law Works discusses legal issues that affect daily life. The Law Works considers issues ranging from how to buy a house, to identity theft, and wiretapping.
Host Dan Ringer is a past-president of the West Virginia State Bar, has taught and lectured concerning legal matters at the college and university level since 1976, and is a member of the graduate faculty of the West Virginia University College of Human Resources and Education. In 1996 Dan was named the first West Virginia Lawyer Citizen of the Year by the West Virginia Bar Foundation, and served as president of the West Virginia State Bar in 1999-2000. In 2000 Dan was named the American Bar Association Practitioner of the Year, by the ABA's Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee. In 2001 he received the President's Award from the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.