WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Protecting the Boss: W.Va. Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan as Personal Security Detail
- West Virginia Army Reservists Deploying to Afghanistan and Kosovo
Folk Alley is a listener supported 24-hour, online music service featuring folk, traditional, Americana, Celtic, singer/songwriter, world, and acoustic music. It was launched in September 2003 and is produced by WKSU-FM in Kent, Ohio. Along with the hosted music stream and real-time playlist, the web site also offers a blog, music news, folk links, information on musicians, new releases, exclusive artist interviews, and more. WKSU is a service of Kent State University, host of the Kent State Folk Festival, the nation’s second longest folk music festival on a college campus.