WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- Inside Appalachia: Living with Industrial Spills, Floods and Disasters
- Bill on Local Smoking Restrictions is Rejected in the House
- Inside Appalachia: Getting Back to Our Roots
Folk Alley is a listener supported 24-hour, online music service featuring folk, traditional, Americana, Celtic, singer/songwriter, world, and acoustic music. It was launched in September 2003 and is produced by WKSU-FM in Kent, Ohio. Along with the hosted music stream and real-time playlist, the web site also offers a blog, music news, folk links, information on musicians, new releases, exclusive artist interviews, and more. WKSU is a service of Kent State University, host of the Kent State Folk Festival, the nation’s second longest folk music festival on a college campus.