WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Tue July 8, 2014
WVU Team Selected to Participate in NASA Program
A team from West Virginia University has been selected to participate in a NASA program to build and test instruments.
NASA says the team from WVU is participating in the Undergraduate Student Instrument Program. Ten U.S. college and university teams were selected for the first year of the program.
Officials say the program is an educational flight opportunity to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The teams will conduct, develop and fly a science payload on NASA suborbital platforms.
The Morgantown team will build and test an instrument for a sounding rocket to evaluate the ionospheric response to interplanetary disturbances during magnetic storms.