WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
Tue June 17, 2014
WVU Provost to Step Down at End of June
West Virginia University Provost Michele G. Wheatly plans to step down at the end of June.
Wheatly has served as the university's chief academic officer since Jan. 1, 2010. She came to WVU from Wright State University in Ohio, where she was head of the College of Science and Mathematics.
WVU President E. Gordon Gee said Tuesday in a news release that he has named College of Law Dean Joyce McConnell to replace Wheatly as provost and vice president for Academic Affairs. McConnell's appointment is effective July 1.
Gregory Bowman will serve as interim dean of the law school, effective July 1. Bowman is associate dean for Academic Affairs and a professor of law..
Gee says the university will conduct a national search for a permanent dean.
Law & Order