WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
Fri June 27, 2014
WVU President Gee Continues Statewide Tour
West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee is on the road, part of his statewide 55-county tour.
Thursday, Gee made stops in Raleigh, Mercer and Summers counties. He met with WVU alumni and local business leaders. He traveled with the musket-packing Mountaineer mascot, Michael Garcia.
Gee said he's seen many changes at WVU since he left the university three decades ago during his first stint as president. He says the land-grant university has expanded its profile to a player on the world stage.
The Register Herald reports Gee said the university now has students from 110 countries speaking 100 different languages.
Gee also stressed the importance of keeping the state's young people in West Virginia.
Gee said he has visited 31 counties. The tour ends in August.