WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
Fri June 27, 2014
WVU President Gee Continues Statewide Tour
West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee is on the road, part of his statewide 55-county tour.
Thursday, Gee made stops in Raleigh, Mercer and Summers counties. He met with WVU alumni and local business leaders. He traveled with the musket-packing Mountaineer mascot, Michael Garcia.
Gee said he's seen many changes at WVU since he left the university three decades ago during his first stint as president. He says the land-grant university has expanded its profile to a player on the world stage.
The Register Herald reports Gee said the university now has students from 110 countries speaking 100 different languages.
Gee also stressed the importance of keeping the state's young people in West Virginia.
Gee said he has visited 31 counties. The tour ends in August.