WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Sen. Manchin Calls Concealed Carry Permit Repeal 'Irresponsible', 'Dangerous'
- Breakfast As Politics: W.Va. Dems Raise Money for Food Bank After Canceled Conservative Fundraiser
- The 2015 Legislature's Final Hours
- What's Next, Clay County?—Nonstop Journey to a Better Tomorrow
- Pipeline Company Threatens Legal Action Against Survey Holdouts
Wed July 2, 2014
WVU President to Earn $775,000 Annually
West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee will earn a total $775,000 under his new contract.
Media outlets report that Gee's earnings include $650,000 in base pay and a $125,000 supplement to be paid by the WVU Foundation. Gee also will be eligible for annual raises under the two-year contract.
Gee's pay is the same as former WVU President Jim Clements. Gee was named interim president after Clements left for Clemson in November 2013. The Higher Education Policy Commission approved Gee's appointment as permanent president in March.
As interim president, Gee was paid an annualized rate of $450,000. His new contract began this week.
The 70-year-old Gee earned about $2 million as Ohio State's president before he returned to WVU, where he was president in the 1980s.