WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- How Does The 4th Circuit Court's Gay Marriage Decision Affect West Virginia?
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
Thu July 3, 2014
WVU Boosts Profile of Diversity Chief
West Virginia University is elevating the status of its top diversity official.
The university said Wednesday that David M. Fryson has been promoted to vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion. He's been chief diversity officer since 2012.
University President Gordon Gee made the announcement on the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act. He says this isn't just a title change, but a move to build on the progress made in the last five decades.
Gee says the goal is to ensure that the university is a welcoming place to learn, work and teach.