WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Thu June 5, 2014
WVU Board Expected to Vote on Tuition Increases
West Virginia University's Board of Governors is considering a proposed 8 percent tuition increase for in-state students.
Tuition for out-of-state students would increase by 4 percent.
The proposed increases are on the agenda for the board's meeting on Thursday at Jackson's Mill in Weston.
If the increases are approved, The Dominion Post reports that in-state students would pay $6,968 in tuition per year. Out-of-state tuition would rise to $20,424 per year.
Board members also are expected to vote on the university's budget for the fiscal year that begins July 1.
Law & Order