WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- 'To Hell With You' - A West Virginian's Raw Response to Water Crisis Goes Viral
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
Mon March 3, 2014
WVU Board to Consider Panel's Endorsement of Gee
West Virginia University's Board of Governors is holding an emergency meeting to consider a search committee's endorsement of interim President E. Gordon Gee for the job permanently.
The meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. Monday in the President's Conference Room at Stewart Hall on WVU's Morgantown campus.
The board would have to rescind a motion approved last November stating Gee wouldn't be a candidate for the permanent job before acting on the search committee's recommendation.
The search committee endorsed the 70-year-old Gee during an emergency meeting Friday.
The university is seeking a successor to Jim Clements, who left for Clemson University.
Gee also was WVU's president from 1981 to 1985. He also served two different stints as Ohio State's president.