WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
Mon June 16, 2014
WVU Addresses Budget Cuts, Eliminates Positions
West Virginia University has eliminated more than 100 positions as it addresses budget cuts.
The Dominion Post reports that 68 vacant positions have been eliminated. Forty-three positions were eliminated when workers either retired or resigned. Another 13.5 positions were part of a reduction in the workforce.
Several departments have been combined, restructured or eliminated.
The university has seen about $20 million in budget cuts in the past couple of fiscal years.