WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Improvised Explosive Devices, Chickens, Marijuana Found in I-79 Crash
- Here's the Department of Defense Equipment that West Virginia's Police Have Received Since 2006
- $250,000 Painting Appraised at Antiques Roadshow Charleston
- Hear Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott Play "It All Comes Down to Love" Live on Mountain Stage
- Musician Who Couldn't Walk Created One of The Longest Running Bluegrass Bands in W.Va.
Mon June 16, 2014
WVU Addresses Budget Cuts, Eliminates Positions
West Virginia University has eliminated more than 100 positions as it addresses budget cuts.
The Dominion Post reports that 68 vacant positions have been eliminated. Forty-three positions were eliminated when workers either retired or resigned. Another 13.5 positions were part of a reduction in the workforce.
Several departments have been combined, restructured or eliminated.
The university has seen about $20 million in budget cuts in the past couple of fiscal years.