WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
Mon June 16, 2014
WVU Addresses Budget Cuts, Eliminates Positions
West Virginia University has eliminated more than 100 positions as it addresses budget cuts.
The Dominion Post reports that 68 vacant positions have been eliminated. Forty-three positions were eliminated when workers either retired or resigned. Another 13.5 positions were part of a reduction in the workforce.
Several departments have been combined, restructured or eliminated.
The university has seen about $20 million in budget cuts in the past couple of fiscal years.