WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Corridor H Segment Expected to Open by Late November
- Fiesta Dinnerware Still Made in America - Thanks to W.Va. Company
- Wild Ginseng, Wood Thrushes, and Climate Change: A Survival Story
- Second Smallest School in West Virginia Works on NASA Project
- WVU: Riots Following Baylor Upset Were 'Criminal', Expulsions Possible
Mon June 16, 2014
WVU Addresses Budget Cuts, Eliminates Positions
West Virginia University has eliminated more than 100 positions as it addresses budget cuts.
The Dominion Post reports that 68 vacant positions have been eliminated. Forty-three positions were eliminated when workers either retired or resigned. Another 13.5 positions were part of a reduction in the workforce.
Several departments have been combined, restructured or eliminated.
The university has seen about $20 million in budget cuts in the past couple of fiscal years.