WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Mon June 16, 2014
WVU Addresses Budget Cuts, Eliminates Positions
West Virginia University has eliminated more than 100 positions as it addresses budget cuts.
The Dominion Post reports that 68 vacant positions have been eliminated. Forty-three positions were eliminated when workers either retired or resigned. Another 13.5 positions were part of a reduction in the workforce.
Several departments have been combined, restructured or eliminated.
The university has seen about $20 million in budget cuts in the past couple of fiscal years.