On The Legislature Today, we chat with state Department of Health and Human Resources Cabinet Secretary Bill Crouch about a massive reorganization bill that was introduced in the House of Delegates. The bill would divide DHHR into four separate agencies.
DHHR is currently comprised of six:
- The Bureau for Children & Families
- The Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
- The Bureau for Public Health
- The Bureau for Medical Services
- The Bureau for Behavioral Health & Health Facilities
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program
These services are staffed by about 6,000 employees.
Host Andrea Lannom also talks with Crouch about DHHR’s legislative agenda this year.
Reporter Dave Mistich brings us a look at proposed constitutional amendments gaining traction early this session – they come from 28 introduced Joint Resolutions – each calling for amendments to the state Constitution.
The Legislature Today is West Virginia's source for daily legislative news and information. The only live television program covering the West Virginia Legislature, the broadcast features reports from the Senate, House and committee meetings with in-depth interviews and analysis of the legislative process in West Virginia.
The Legislature Today can be seen weeknights on:
- 6 and 11 p.m. - WVPB (main channel)
- 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. - The West Virginia Channel
The Legislature Today can also be heard at 6 p.m. weeknights on WVPB's statewide radio network.