WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Corridor H Segment Expected to Open by Late November
- Fiesta Dinnerware Still Made in America - Thanks to W.Va. Company
- Second Smallest School in West Virginia Works on NASA Project
- WVU: Riots Following Baylor Upset Were 'Criminal', Expulsions Possible
- Watch: The U.S. Senate Debate from West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Thu February 27, 2014
W.Va. Delegation Urges CDC to Monitor Health Effects of Jan. Spill
West Virginia’s Congressional Delegation has penned a letter to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, urging health officials to conduct further studies on the effects of the January 9 Freedom Industries chemical spill.
Senators Joe Manchin and Jay Rockefeller, along with Representatives Nick Rahall, Shelley Moore Capito and David McKinley sent the letter Thursday.
The letter supports Gov. Tomblin’s request for additional studies and health monitoring of the more than 300,000 West Virginians impacted by the spill in the Kanawha Valley.
You can read that letter here: