WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Mon April 14, 2014
W.Va. Campgrounds Opening for Season
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is preparing to open campgrounds at five West Virginia lakes.
The corps says the Bakers Run and G.R. Freeman campgrounds at Sutton Lake will open April 18. The Bee Run campground opened on April 1.
At Burnsville Lake, the Riffle Run and Bulltown campgrounds will open April 25.
The Battle Run campground at Summersville Lake opens May 1, followed by the East Fork campground at East Lynn Lake on May 9.
R.D. Bailey Lake's Guyandotte campground will open on May 19.
The corps says East Lynn Lake's overlook day use area above the dam will open for the season on Monday. The lake's East Fork and Lick Creek day use areas will open April 18.