WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
Mon April 14, 2014
W.Va. Campgrounds Opening for Season
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is preparing to open campgrounds at five West Virginia lakes.
The corps says the Bakers Run and G.R. Freeman campgrounds at Sutton Lake will open April 18. The Bee Run campground opened on April 1.
At Burnsville Lake, the Riffle Run and Bulltown campgrounds will open April 25.
The Battle Run campground at Summersville Lake opens May 1, followed by the East Fork campground at East Lynn Lake on May 9.
R.D. Bailey Lake's Guyandotte campground will open on May 19.
The corps says East Lynn Lake's overlook day use area above the dam will open for the season on Monday. The lake's East Fork and Lick Creek day use areas will open April 18.