WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Fri April 25, 2014
Workers' Contracts Extended for Fifth Time
Frontier Communications and a union have extended their contract for another month while negotiations continue for workers in West Virginia.
Frontier says a contract extension that was set to expire Friday will now run through May 31.
It's the fifth contract extension since negotiations between the company and the Communications Workers of America began last June.
The contract originally was scheduled to expire last August. It covers 1,550 workers in West Virginia.
Coal mine layoffs