WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- Five People Who Make a Difference at West Virginia Public Broadcasting
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- What We Know Three Days After the Fayette Co. Oil Train Derailment
- Bill on Local Smoking Restrictions is Rejected in the House
Tue September 24, 2013
West Virginians Remember World War II
West Virginia has one of the highest percentages of veterans of any state. And many of those veterans come from the "Greatest Generation," who saved the world from fascism.
A few years ago, West Virginia Public Broadcasting's Pat Sergent featured our heroes in a 30-minute documentary, "West Virginians Remember World War II." It includes the stories of both everyday citizens and war heroes. Black and white, male and female, they all served and their service marked a huge change in their lives and the life of our country. Those stories by our producer Pat Sergent still resonate with us today.