WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
Tue September 24, 2013
West Virginians Remember World War II
West Virginia has one of the highest percentages of veterans of any state. And many of those veterans come from the "Greatest Generation," who saved the world from fascism.
A few years ago, West Virginia Public Broadcasting's Pat Sergent featured our heroes in a 30-minute documentary, "West Virginians Remember World War II." It includes the stories of both everyday citizens and war heroes. Black and white, male and female, they all served and their service marked a huge change in their lives and the life of our country. Those stories by our producer Pat Sergent still resonate with us today.