WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- What Are the Top 10 West Virginia Stories of 2014? Vote Now!
- West Virginia Public Broadcasting Changing Its Name...to West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Tue September 24, 2013
West Virginians Remember World War II
West Virginia has one of the highest percentages of veterans of any state. And many of those veterans come from the "Greatest Generation," who saved the world from fascism.
A few years ago, West Virginia Public Broadcasting's Pat Sergent featured our heroes in a 30-minute documentary, "West Virginians Remember World War II." It includes the stories of both everyday citizens and war heroes. Black and white, male and female, they all served and their service marked a huge change in their lives and the life of our country. Those stories by our producer Pat Sergent still resonate with us today.