WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
Energy & Environment
Wed August 20, 2014
Watch: The DEP Surface Mine Board's Hearing on Kanawha Mine Permit Appeal
The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection will live stream the second day of the Surface Mine Board’s hearing regarding the appeal of Keystone Industries’ KD No. 2 mine permit, which is for a surface mine near Kanawha State Forest. The hearing started on Aug. 11 and resumes this Wednesday, Aug. 20, beginning at 8:30 a.m.