WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Inside Appalachia: Water in the Coalfields
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
Fri August 29, 2014
U.S. Marine Band Tours the Mountain State
The United States Marine Band will be starting its annual 30-day tour starting September 1st. They'll be making two stops in West Virginia:
Morgantown: Tuesday, Sept. 2nd 7:30 PM at the Clay Concert Theater at the Creative Arts Center
Charleston: Wednesday, Sept. 3rd 7:30 PM at the Municipal Auditorium.
They're also kicking off their tour near the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia in McHenry, MD on September 1st.
Tickets are FREE!! and are distributed by the local sponsor.
Tickets may be obtained by sending a self addressed and stamped envelope to...
St. Albans High School
C/O Tim White / Tickets
2100 Kanawha Terrace
St. Albans, WV 25177
Classical Host Matt Jackfert was able to talk with Lt. Col. Jason K. Fettig, conductor of the US Marine Band, to get the details of this tour and to talk about some of the conductor's greatest experiences with the band.