WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
West Virginia University
Fri April 4, 2014
Upgrades Possible for Puskar Stadium, PRT
The West Virginia University Board of Governor is set to vote on athletic facilities upgrades and improvements to the university's Personal Rapid Transit system.
The board is scheduled to discuss the projects Friday in Morgantown.
The athletic facilities plan is estimated to cost $106 million, $75 million of which would come from bonds paid for by guaranteed annual revenue from the Big 12 Conference.
Some of the athletic projects are expected to begin this year, including an upgrade to the football team room in the Milan Puskar Center and football stadium renovations.
The PRT upgrade includes tunnel repair and electronics that operate the track, stations, pay booths and other items.
Covering the Spill