WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
West Virginia University
Fri April 4, 2014
Upgrades Possible for Puskar Stadium, PRT
The West Virginia University Board of Governor is set to vote on athletic facilities upgrades and improvements to the university's Personal Rapid Transit system.
The board is scheduled to discuss the projects Friday in Morgantown.
The athletic facilities plan is estimated to cost $106 million, $75 million of which would come from bonds paid for by guaranteed annual revenue from the Big 12 Conference.
Some of the athletic projects are expected to begin this year, including an upgrade to the football team room in the Milan Puskar Center and football stadium renovations.
The PRT upgrade includes tunnel repair and electronics that operate the track, stations, pay booths and other items.
Covering the Spill