WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Thu April 24, 2014
Two Men Indicted for Museum Break-in
A Cabell County grand jury has indicted two Beckley men on charges stemming from a 2012 break-in at the Huntington Museum of Art.
25-year-old Remington Wright and 26-year-old Deon Staunton are each charged with destruction of property, attempt to commit grand larceny, conspiracy and entering a building other than a dwelling.
The men are accused of breaking into the museum on April 14, 2012, and attempting to take silver antiquities.
Police disrupted the break-in after an alarm company notified the museum's director.
Court documents say the break-in caused more than $82,000 in damage.