WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Thu February 6, 2014
Teaching Channel Tackles Middle School Math and Science this Month
Teaching Channel Presents -- Teaching Channel is a video showcase -- on the Internet and TV -- of innovative and effective teaching practices in America’s schools.
Feb. 7: "Teaching ELA to the Core" -- We’ll drill down into the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and see teachers succeed, and stumble, as they work to incorporate material that not all students are ready to handle.
Feb. 14: "Middle School Math & Science" -- We’ll immerse ourselves in Middle School math and science—from using your whole body to graph linear equations to going on a pond water safari—these classes are engaging and inventive.
Feb. 21: "Celebrating Science" -- Some things run on batteries, some bubble over, some throw sparks—anything can happen in science class as students study everything from Robotics to Physics to Boyle’s Law.
Feb. 28: "Elementary School Basics" -- Follow along for a full hour with eager-to-learn elementary school students. From doing the “Monster Match” for English, to Decimal Games in Math, to exploring ecosystems in Science, these lessons are inviting and visual.