WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Fri February 28, 2014
Steve Martin Jams with Edie Brickell
Comedy legend Steve Martin is now in the fifth decade of a varied and accomplished career as a comic, actor, author and playwright. He is also a Grammy-winning, boundary-pushing bluegrass banjoist and songwriter.
This special program airs Saturday, March 1 at 10 pm in WV PBS in HD.
GREAT PERFORMANCES turns the spotlight on Martin’s musical side with a concert performance of his new collaboration with Edie Brickell, who initially burst onto the national scene in the late 80s fronting the New Bohemians. Although these new musical partners have already built respected individual bodies of work, their inaugural effort is a charming departure, as well as a creative milestone.
Backed by the virtuoso playing of the Steep Canyon Rangers, the duo partner on a series of new songs that combine Martin’s inventive five-string banjo playing with Brickell’s heart-tugging vocals to create a playful and accessible collection of songs.
Twin Falls State Park
Mountain Stage Song of the Week