WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Fri June 13, 2014
Patriot Coal Moving Charleston Office to Putnam County
Patriot Coal is relocating its West Virginia office in Charleston to Scott Depot in Putnam County.
Patriot spokeswoman Janine Orf says the St. Louis-based coal company plans to make the switch in late summer or early fall.
The Charleston office has about 100 employees.
The company has 10 active mining complexes, with eight in West Virginia and two in western Kentucky. Patriot employs about 4,000 people across the whole company.