WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
Tue May 6, 2014
Parkersburg Hotel Celebrates 125th Anniversary
A historic hotel in Parkersburg is kicking off a celebration of its 125th anniversary.
The Blennerhassett Hotel will hold a customer appreciation event Tuesday afternoon that includes a birthday cake and cupcakes.
Marketing manager Nicole Slattery tells the Parkersburg News and Sentinel that other events are planned through the remainder of the year.
The five-story hotel opened in downtown Parkersburg on May 6, 1869. It was built by businessmen William N. Chancellor and J. Kaltenecker, and is now owned by the Ross family.
The hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It's also a member of the Historic Hotels of America and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.