WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Inside Appalachia: Water in the Coalfields
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
Tue December 3, 2013
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective
For 30 years and with over 800 episodes, Mountain Stage has been a mainstay in public radio and American music.
Like anything that evolves into a lasting endeavor, Mountain Stage’s success is part happenstance mixed with years of dedication and hard work. Truly, though, it all comes down to the people who made the show possible coming together with a shared vision.
In this hour-long radio special, you'll hear how the show came to be, its rise to a national program, and examine what it is that makes Mountain Stage mean so much to the artists who have performed on the show and the audience it reaches.