WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- As Homeschooling Grows, Advocates Hope for Change in Legislation
- W.Va. Man Uses Mountaineer Challenge Academy to Change Life
- Inside Appalachia: Living with Industrial Spills, Floods and Disasters
- Bill on Local Smoking Restrictions is Rejected in the House
- Inside Appalachia: Getting Back to Our Roots
Tue December 3, 2013
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective
For 30 years and with over 800 episodes, Mountain Stage has been a mainstay in public radio and American music.
Like anything that evolves into a lasting endeavor, Mountain Stage’s success is part happenstance mixed with years of dedication and hard work. Truly, though, it all comes down to the people who made the show possible coming together with a shared vision.
In this hour-long radio special, you'll hear how the show came to be, its rise to a national program, and examine what it is that makes Mountain Stage mean so much to the artists who have performed on the show and the audience it reaches.