WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Improvised Explosive Devices, Chickens, Marijuana Found in I-79 Crash
- Momentum Gathers For The West's Response To Russia
- Hear Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott Play "It All Comes Down to Love" Live on Mountain Stage
- Here's the Department of Defense Equipment that West Virginia's Police Have Received Since 2006
- U.S. Marine Band Tours the Mountain State
Tue December 3, 2013
Mountain Stage at 30: A Radio Retrospective
For 30 years and with over 800 episodes, Mountain Stage has been a mainstay in public radio and American music.
Like anything that evolves into a lasting endeavor, Mountain Stage’s success is part happenstance mixed with years of dedication and hard work. Truly, though, it all comes down to the people who made the show possible coming together with a shared vision.
In this hour-long radio special, you'll hear how the show came to be, its rise to a national program, and examine what it is that makes Mountain Stage mean so much to the artists who have performed on the show and the audience it reaches.