WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Improvised Explosive Devices, Chickens, Marijuana Found in I-79 Crash
- Momentum Gathers For The West's Response To Russia
- Hear Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott Play "It All Comes Down to Love" Live on Mountain Stage
- Here's the Department of Defense Equipment that West Virginia's Police Have Received Since 2006
- U.S. Marine Band Tours the Mountain State
Oil and Gas
Thu February 20, 2014
Missing Person in Greene Co. Gas Well Explosion Was a Morgantown Resident
27-year old Ian McKee of Morgantown has been identified as the missing and feared-dead employee from the recent Greene County gas well explosion.
McKee was an employee of Cameron International, a contractor to Chevron, and his friends say he was onsite when the gas well exploded last week.
McKee and much of his immediate family are from Warren, Pa.
Initially, the Pennsylvania State Police set up a two-mile perimeter around the burning gas well. Then, the Wild Well Control crew from Houston, Texas, couldn’t get closer than a half mile because of the heat.
Officials reported earlier this week that the search continues, but if the missing employee is confirmed to have died in the explosion, it will be Chevron’s first Marcellus operations-related fatality.
gas well fire