WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Corridor H Segment Expected to Open by Late November
- Fiesta Dinnerware Still Made in America - Thanks to W.Va. Company
- Second Smallest School in West Virginia Works on NASA Project
- WVU: Riots Following Baylor Upset Were 'Criminal', Expulsions Possible
- Watch: The U.S. Senate Debate from West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Oil and Gas
Thu February 20, 2014
Missing Person in Greene Co. Gas Well Explosion Was a Morgantown Resident
27-year old Ian McKee of Morgantown has been identified as the missing and feared-dead employee from the recent Greene County gas well explosion.
McKee was an employee of Cameron International, a contractor to Chevron, and his friends say he was onsite when the gas well exploded last week.
McKee and much of his immediate family are from Warren, Pa.
Initially, the Pennsylvania State Police set up a two-mile perimeter around the burning gas well. Then, the Wild Well Control crew from Houston, Texas, couldn’t get closer than a half mile because of the heat.
Officials reported earlier this week that the search continues, but if the missing employee is confirmed to have died in the explosion, it will be Chevron’s first Marcellus operations-related fatality.
gas well fire