WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Fri March 7, 2014
March 11 is A Cappella Night on West Virginia PBS
An all-new a cappella group comes to West Virginia PBS at 8 p.m. on March 11 with the premiere of Gentleman's Rule in Concert, followed by the cast of "Jersey Boys" in Under the Streetlamp: Let the Good Times Roll beginning at 9:30 p.m.
Gentleman’s Rule blends their youthful style and outstanding vocals with timeless classics and contemporary hits. Their diverse music selections include songs by the legendary Manhattans, Bill Withers, the Rolling Stones, Rascal Flatts and the Spencer Davis Band — just to name a few. The eight versatile and individually talented vocalists in Gentleman’s Rule are Will Lockhart, Brent Mann, Luke Mechlin, Holland Nightenhelser, Jasper Smith, Jesse Townes, Andrew Morstein and TJ Breen.
With their unique style and modern “Rat Pack” persona, Under the Streetlamp brings the American Radio Songbook to a whole new level in this electrifying concert. The show includes classic hits of the 50s, 60s and 70s with the perfect balance of tender ballads and up-tempo classics, all performed with the same signature harmonies and slick dance moves that have made this group irresistible.