WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Law & Order
Tue April 29, 2014
Man Charged in Plot to Kill Charleston Police Officer
West Virginia police are investigating a murder-for-hire plot against a police lieutenant in Charleston.
Webster said Carter allegedly admitted to the murder-for-hire scheme while being questioned about the other shooting. According to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court, Carter said his motive for the solicitation of murder was he was dissatisfied with Cooper's handling of Carter's previous malicious wounding charge from March 2014.