WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Corridor H Segment Expected to Open by Late November
- Fiesta Dinnerware Still Made in America - Thanks to W.Va. Company
- Second Smallest School in West Virginia Works on NASA Project
- WVU: Riots Following Baylor Upset Were 'Criminal', Expulsions Possible
- Watch: The U.S. Senate Debate from West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Law & Order
Tue April 29, 2014
Man Charged in Plot to Kill Charleston Police Officer
West Virginia police are investigating a murder-for-hire plot against a police lieutenant in Charleston.
Webster said Carter allegedly admitted to the murder-for-hire scheme while being questioned about the other shooting. According to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court, Carter said his motive for the solicitation of murder was he was dissatisfied with Cooper's handling of Carter's previous malicious wounding charge from March 2014.