WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
Law & Order
Tue April 29, 2014
Man Charged in Plot to Kill Charleston Police Officer
West Virginia police are investigating a murder-for-hire plot against a police lieutenant in Charleston.
Webster said Carter allegedly admitted to the murder-for-hire scheme while being questioned about the other shooting. According to a criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court, Carter said his motive for the solicitation of murder was he was dissatisfied with Cooper's handling of Carter's previous malicious wounding charge from March 2014.