WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
West Virginia Morning
Thu April 17, 2014
Lawmaker: Legislators are Ceding Power to Governor, The Mysterious Tradition of Salt Rising Bread
One state lawmaker says the balance of power in the state has been shifting toward the office of governor for decades as legislators slowly cede their powers to the office, and the tradition of salt rising bread in Appalachia is slowly being forgotten, but two Pennsylvania women are trying to change that. They're making sure people remember not just the history, but also the science behind the food.