WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- Haunting Banjo Tune Inspired by Coal Miner's Struggle
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
- Inside Appalachia: Water in the Coalfields
- W.Va. Bicyclist Charged With Operating Backpack Meth Lab
WV PBS legal series
Fri October 4, 2013
The Law Works - False Confessions
When a defendant in a criminal case confesses to the crime, that should be the end of it. Right? What if the defendant then says, "no, I was lying," or says that the police forced the confession? Professor Valena Beety of the WVU College of Law and Attorney Ifeoma Ike join host Dan Ringer to talk about False Confessions on this episode of The Law Works.
This episode premiers Thursday, October 10 at 8:30 pm on West Virginia PBS.