WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Improvised Explosive Devices, Chickens, Marijuana Found in I-79 Crash
- Momentum Gathers For The West's Response To Russia
- Hear Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott Play "It All Comes Down to Love" Live on Mountain Stage
- Here's the Department of Defense Equipment that West Virginia's Police Have Received Since 2006
- U.S. Marine Band Tours the Mountain State
Rising Sun Award
Wed February 12, 2014
Japan Honors Sen. Rockefeller
W.Va. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) was the guest of honor at a luncheon Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
During a ceremony later in the day, Rockefeller will receive the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun from the Japanese government recognizing him for decades of work strengthening and promoting the relationship between Japan and the United States. The award was established in 1875 and is the country’s highest honor for foreigners.
West Virginia PBS is videotaping the event as part of a documentary commemorating Rockefeller’s 50 years of public service.