WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- 'To Hell With You' - A West Virginian's Raw Response to Water Crisis Goes Viral
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
Rising Sun Award
Wed February 12, 2014
Japan Honors Sen. Rockefeller
W.Va. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) was the guest of honor at a luncheon Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
During a ceremony later in the day, Rockefeller will receive the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun from the Japanese government recognizing him for decades of work strengthening and promoting the relationship between Japan and the United States. The award was established in 1875 and is the country’s highest honor for foreigners.
West Virginia PBS is videotaping the event as part of a documentary commemorating Rockefeller’s 50 years of public service.