WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Local Food, Local Places Grants Awarded, Eight Appalachian Winners
- Motives Behind Mon. Co. Shootings Unfolding, Victims Identified
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Clinical Pharmacologist Left Duke to Conduct World-Class Research at WVU
- W.Va. Poet: “Appalachian Blackface” Story of 2014 Election Cycle
Rising Sun Award
Wed February 12, 2014
Japan Honors Sen. Rockefeller
W.Va. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) was the guest of honor at a luncheon Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
During a ceremony later in the day, Rockefeller will receive the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun from the Japanese government recognizing him for decades of work strengthening and promoting the relationship between Japan and the United States. The award was established in 1875 and is the country’s highest honor for foreigners.
West Virginia PBS is videotaping the event as part of a documentary commemorating Rockefeller’s 50 years of public service.