WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Margot Adler, An NPR Journalist For Three Decades, Dies
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
Rising Sun Award
Wed February 12, 2014
Japan Honors Sen. Rockefeller
W.Va. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) was the guest of honor at a luncheon Wednesday in Washington, D.C.
During a ceremony later in the day, Rockefeller will receive the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun from the Japanese government recognizing him for decades of work strengthening and promoting the relationship between Japan and the United States. The award was established in 1875 and is the country’s highest honor for foreigners.
West Virginia PBS is videotaping the event as part of a documentary commemorating Rockefeller’s 50 years of public service.