WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
Fri February 28, 2014
Illinois Police Seize 145 Pounds of Marijuana from West Virginian
Authorities in western Illinois say they've seized around 145 pounds of marijuana from a 68-year-old West Virginia man passing through the area.
Galesburg Police say the value of the drugs is between $300,000 and $500,000.
WGIL-AM reports that officers stopped David G. Joseph Monday on Interstate 74. And after a K-9 unit was brought in, the marijuana was allegedly found in the SUV he was driving.
Joseph faces multiple charges, including cannabis trafficking. He's currently being held in Knox County Jail on $150,000 bond. He's due in court again Monday.
There was no public telephone listing for a David G. Joseph in West Virginia.