WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Tue April 15, 2014
Higher Ed Panel to Set WVU President's Salary
The Higher Education Policy Commission will meet April 25 at Fairmont State University to vote on a new contract for West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee.
The commission approved Gee's appointment as the university's permanent president on March 10. Gee was named interim president after Jim Clements left for Clemson in November.
Gee was paid $450,000 annually for the interim appointment. The Dominion Post reports the higher education panel will meet at Fairmont State University to approve a contract that reflects Gee's new status.
At Ohio State, Gee earned approximately $2 million. WVU is not expected to match that salary.