WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- After Living Next to Drilling Activity, 100 W.Va. Residents Sue Companies
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- More Fracking Slated in Morgantown
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
- Mountain Stage After Midnight- December 13 & 14
Thu February 27, 2014
Growers Sought for W.Va. Hops Production Research
Growers are being sought to participate in a three-year research project to determine the viability of hop production in West Virginia.
The project will be conducted by the West Virginia State University Extension Service.
Extension agent Brad Cochran says in a news release that researchers want to determine the best varieties of hops to grow in West Virginia.
The goal is to foster commercial production of hops and to support the state's brewing industry.
Up to six growers will be selected to participate in the project. They will collect data on the growing habits of hops.
Applications must be submitted by March 20. They are available online at wvstateu.edu/extension.