WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Map: Where West Virginia Mine Operators Owe Millions in Delinquent Fines
- Industry Backed Bill Could Force Mineral Owners to Sell
- Joy to the World Tickets On Sale
- Moundsville Native Is A Pioneering Astrobiophysicist
- Appalachian Holiday Traditions of Food and Spirits, With Recipes on How to Cook with Bourbon, & More
Thu March 13, 2014
The Gridiron Is Coming to The Greenbrier
The New Orleans Saints announced Thursday they will be using the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs for part of its 2014 training camp.
General Manager of the Saints Mickey Loomis says the team wants to take advantage of a more moderate climate and setting in West Virginia. It will still spend some time training in New Orleans.
The Saints won a Super Bowl a few years ago under head coach Sean Payton.
The locations, times and dates haven't yet been released of when the Saints will be in town.
According to a news release from The Greenbrier, owner Jim Justice says there will be practice fields of both artificial turf and grass, along with a practice facility, at the resort.