WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
Tue April 29, 2014
Gov. Tomblin, DHHR Urge Threat Preparedness
Governor Earl Ray Tomblin is asking all West Virginians to prepare for a possible national disaster by participating in Prepareathon Day on Wednesday.
In West Virginia, the Center for Threat Preparedness at the Department of Health and Human Resources is participating by hosting an educational event tomorrow to promote wildfire safety and help prevent fire-related injuries. The center will help educate DHHR staff on how to prevent wildfires, brush fires and encourage fire safety on April 30 in Charleston.