WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Racist Hate Crime Shakes Hillsboro Community into Action to Spread Message of Tolerance
- W.Va. Nurse Develops New Blood Test to Identify What Kind of Stroke You’re Having
- Part I: Is There Something in the Water, Southern W.Va.?
- WATCH: Gov. Tomblin's 2015 State of the State Address
- Hog Farming on Inactive Mountaintop Removal Sites Could Bring More Jobs to Southern W.Va.
Tue April 29, 2014
Gov. Tomblin, DHHR Urge Threat Preparedness
Governor Earl Ray Tomblin is asking all West Virginians to prepare for a possible national disaster by participating in Prepareathon Day on Wednesday.
In West Virginia, the Center for Threat Preparedness at the Department of Health and Human Resources is participating by hosting an educational event tomorrow to promote wildfire safety and help prevent fire-related injuries. The center will help educate DHHR staff on how to prevent wildfires, brush fires and encourage fire safety on April 30 in Charleston.