WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Sen. Manchin Calls Concealed Carry Permit Repeal 'Irresponsible', 'Dangerous'
- Breakfast As Politics: W.Va. Dems Raise Money for Food Bank After Canceled Conservative Fundraiser
- The 2015 Legislature's Final Hours
- What's Next, Clay County?—Nonstop Journey to a Better Tomorrow
- Pipeline Company Threatens Legal Action Against Survey Holdouts
Thu May 1, 2014
Gov. Tomblin Appoints Communications Director to Commerce, Tourism Posts
Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin announced Thursday he will appoint Amy Shuler Goodwin as Deputy Secretary of Commerce and the Commissioner of Tourism for the State of West Virginia. For the past two years, Goodwin has served as the Director of Communications for Tomblin.
"Like many, I have been continually impressed by Amy's energy, talent and passion for improving opportunities for our state," Gov. Tomblin said in a news release issued Thursday.
"Everyone who knows Amy personally-and professionally-as well as those who will meet her as she travels across our state will immediately recognize why I'm pleased she decided to take on this important role."
Other positions she has held include:
- Chief Spokesperson for former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise.
- State director for a presidential campaign
- Communications for the City of Charleston
- Anchor and reporter for WTRF-TV in Wheeling and WCHS-TV in Charleston
- Managing member of a public relations firm
"I'm honored and extremely happy to have the opportunity to show the world what we know to be true about the Mountain State-it is and always will be the best place to visit, grow a business and raise a family," Goodwin said in the release.
As the next Commissioner of Tourism, Goodwin will take over duties from the retiring Betty Carver, who has served in that post since 2005. Carver steps down from the position on May 31.
Law & Order