WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
Tue October 8, 2013
Five reasons to love our new website
Imagine this -- you hold in your hand the keys to a new sports car. You open the door, ease into the seats, and breathe in.
This is how I feel about our website. It's shiny and fast, and definitely has that new car smell.
With help from NPR Digital, we've created this new platform with a new address: wvpublic.org. Why wvpublic? Well, it's easier to say than our old address, and it reflects our mission: we belong to you, the public. This is YOUR website.
We see this as a third and equal channel for our content -- TV, radio, and digital. We've created a new Digital division and staffed it with three talented people: director Chad Matlick; technician Dwayne Bartley, and editor/reporter Dave Mistich.
Here are five reasons I think you should love our new website:
1. It's easier to use. It's cleaner. The stuff you like is front and center: news stories, TV and radio schedules, and videos.
2. It's more up-to-date. You'll find information about breaking news as it happens on our new website. You'll find more news from both West Virginia Public Broadcasting and from NPR. It's the sort of site you can depend upon when something big happens.
3. You'll find a lot more stuff here. We'll still have the news stories you love, but we're adding a lot of other materials: videos from our talented producers, lots of pictures and slideshows, and coming soon, educational materials for teachers and parents.
4. It brings you the best from NPR and PBS. Do you want to watch "Masterpiece Mystery"? Want to find the latest StoryCorps? Our site has all of it in one convenient place.
5. It's easier for YOU to become part of the story. The new site makes it easy to share our stories through social media. And we'll be looking to YOU to help us tell stories. You'll be able to contribute photos, video and essays to our new website.
Now, we understand there will be glitches. Please help us by reporting them here.
This site was built by you, thanks to your support for us. Enjoy that new car smell!