WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Local Food, Local Places Grants Awarded, Eight Appalachian Winners
- Motives Behind Mon. Co. Shootings Unfolding, Victims Identified
- Clinical Pharmacologist Left Duke to Conduct World-Class Research at WVU
- Interactive Map: West Virginia Mine Operator Delinquent Fines by County
- W.Va. Poet: “Appalachian Blackface” Story of 2014 Election Cycle
New Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood episode
Sun November 24, 2013
Daniel has a starring role in the Snowflake Day Show
Watch this special episode on WV PBS Monday, Nov. 25 at 11 a.m.
Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood can be seen daily at 11 a.m. on WV PBS
In this 30-minute holiday musical episode, the Neighborhood is celebrating Snowflake Day! Daniel has a very important role as the snowflake in the Neighborhood’s Snowflake Day Show and he can’t wait to say his lines! The Enchanted Garden is full of excitement and winter cheer as everyone pitches in to make the celebration a true Neighborhood success!
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood is an animated program for preschoolers ages 2 to 4 which builds on the pioneering series, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. The series tells its engaging stories about the life of a preschooler using musical strategies grounded in Fred Rogers’ landmark social-emotional curriculum. Through imagination, creativity and music, Daniel and his friends learn the key social skills necessary for school and for life.
Each episode of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood consists of two engaging stories that center on a common early learning theme such as dealing with disappointment. All of the stories are written based on extensive input from a wide range of early learning specialists, formative research with children and the benefit of more than 40 years of the work of Fred Rogers. It all adds up to a powerful tool for parents: an entertaining and thoughtful guide for today’s families that integrates music, interactivity and a research-based curriculum.
Children can visit Daniel Tiger online where they can play games and watch videos. It’s a website designed with the youngest visitors in mind: all the games are open-ended, which means there is no right or wrong way to play. And all the games can be played with the mouse, the keyboard or both, so that even the youngest fingers can manage. That way, too, children and parents can play games together.
There’s also a parent’s website with activities you can do with your child at home, an explanation of the learning goals and “Fred Rogers’ Timeless Wisdom.”
Daniel Tiger also has two mobile apps: “Play at Home with Daniel” and “Daniel Tiger’s Day and Night.” Both are available for download onto most mobile devices at PBS Kids Apps and More.
About Play at Home with Daniel -- With this app children have the chance to play about some of Daniel’s everyday experiences – experiences that might be a lot like theirs. And as they play, young children will be learning a little bit more about their place in the world. You’ll be learning too – about your child - when you talk, listen and play together.There are four games:
- “Doctor” -- Play Doctor Daniel with the instruments that doctors use. When children play about being the doctor, they’re in charge. That can make it easier to manage when they have to be the patient.
- “Bedtime” -- Help Daniel get ready to go to sleep - and your children can be thinking about their own bedtime routines and the things that help them at bedtime.
- “In Daniel’s Bathroom” -- Wash, brush and flush with Daniel and play about and practice bathroom routines.
- “Sticker Book” -- Children can have fun making up their own stories as they play with dozens of stickers in Daniel’s house and Neighborhood.
About Daniel Tiger's Day & Night -- Help Daniel get ready for school in the morning and for bed at night through imaginative play and songs. The app features eight games about morning and nighttime routines, songs that help make routines familiar and fun, and a musical timer to help keep routines on track.
Good Morning Games -- Daniel Tiger has lots to do to get ready before Trolley comes to take him to school!
- “Get Dressed” -- Help Daniel get dressed in his red sweater. Then, imagine with Daniel that his sweater is a “Super Daniel” costume.
- “Breakfast” -- Help set the table as Daniel gets ready for breakfast. Have fun topping a pancake and then imagining that the pancake can dance!
- “Brush Teeth” -- Help Daniel brush his teeth by moving your finger back and forth.
- “Shoe Time” -- Choose a pair of shoes for Daniel to wear and help him tie them. Then, imagine that his shoes can make him jump super high.
Good Night Games -- Daniel Tiger needs to get ready for bed.
- “Bath time” -- Help Daniel get washed up before bedtime and pop silly soap bubbles together.
- “Brush Teeth” -- It’s time to brush Daniel’s teeth again!
- “Pajama Time” -- Choose pajamas for Daniel and create a pair of make-believe pajamas for him.
- “Bedtime Story” -- Move Daniel through the clouds as his mom reads and sings a calming bedtime song.