WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Tanker Truck Wrecks in Bartow, Leaks Diesel Fuel into Greenbrier River
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
West Virginia Poetry
Fri September 27, 2013
Celebrating Irene McKinney, Sept. 15, 2013
Irene McKinney was West Virginia's Poet Laureate until her death in 2012.
This is an edited documentation of a multi-media celebration of the life and works of West Virginia poet Irene McKinney (1939-2012). The event was hosted by Marc Harshman, the new poet laureate of West Virginia. Insights and readings are shared by Maggie Anderson, Jeff Mann, Devon McNamara, Jessie van Eerden, and Barbara Weaner. West Virginia Public Broadcasting and John Nakashima provided montages of radio and video clips from some of Irene's most memorable interviews and readings. And Kate Long sang "Goodnight, Irene." Recorded at the Culture Center in Charleston, WV.