WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Local Food, Local Places Grants Awarded, Eight Appalachian Winners
- Motives Behind Mon. Co. Shootings Unfolding, Victims Identified
- Clinical Pharmacologist Left Duke to Conduct World-Class Research at WVU
- Interactive Map: West Virginia Mine Operator Delinquent Fines by County
- W.Va. Poet: “Appalachian Blackface” Story of 2014 Election Cycle
Apple Harvest Festival
Mon October 21, 2013
Berkeley County celebrates the apple
The 32nd Apple Harvest Festival took place Oct. 17-20, 2013, and featured a 5k run, pancake breakfasts, a craft fair in the historic Martinsburg, W.Va., roundhouse with entertainment, music on the town square Friday evening and a Grand Feature Parade Saturday afternoon.
The Festival usually includes agricultural tours but the web site says those were cancelled this year because of the partial shutdown of the Federal Government. But there were apple centric contests to determine who baked the best pie or grew the best fruit.
On Saturday afternoon people lined King and Queen Streets through downtown Martinsburg to watch marching bands, floats, community groups, politicians and celebrity guests parade by.
Billy Owens visits Athens, W.Va.