WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Corridor H Segment Expected to Open by Late November
- Fiesta Dinnerware Still Made in America - Thanks to W.Va. Company
- Second Smallest School in West Virginia Works on NASA Project
- WVU: Riots Following Baylor Upset Were 'Criminal', Expulsions Possible
- Watch: The U.S. Senate Debate from West Virginia Public Broadcasting
Apple Harvest Festival
Mon October 21, 2013
Berkeley County celebrates the apple
The 32nd Apple Harvest Festival took place Oct. 17-20, 2013, and featured a 5k run, pancake breakfasts, a craft fair in the historic Martinsburg, W.Va., roundhouse with entertainment, music on the town square Friday evening and a Grand Feature Parade Saturday afternoon.
The Festival usually includes agricultural tours but the web site says those were cancelled this year because of the partial shutdown of the Federal Government. But there were apple centric contests to determine who baked the best pie or grew the best fruit.
On Saturday afternoon people lined King and Queen Streets through downtown Martinsburg to watch marching bands, floats, community groups, politicians and celebrity guests parade by.
Billy Owens visits Athens, W.Va.