WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Iconic Company Restores Ghost Murals in Appalachia
- Deploying Drones To Get An Overview Of Factory Farms
- At Monty Python Reunion Show, The Circus Makes One Last Flight
- DHHR Warns of Possible HIV Exposure at Northern Panhandle Pain Clinic
- 85-Year-Old Says He is Still in Good Health and Spirits and Will Continue to Fast
Fri April 25, 2014
Berkeley Co. Committee Chooses New Candidate for House Race
A Berkeley County Democrat's wife is taking his place to run for the West Virginia House of Delegates.
Donn Marshall withdrew his candidacy in House District 63 to accept a federal job with the Department of Defense. The state Election Commission gave the Berkeley County Democratic Executive Committee permission to pick a replacement candidate.
At an April 7 meeting, Berkeley's Democratic committee picked Marshall's wife, Heather Marshall, to run in her husband's place. Republican incumbent Del. Michael Folk is the only other candidate running.
Ballots for the May 13 primary have already been printed, so Heather Marshall's name will not appear. However, she will win the primary unopposed and will be on the November ballot.
Republican Delegate Mike Folk of Martinsburg is running for re-election in that district.
Pulitzer Prize Winner